Thursday, August 8, 2013

Beeple Revisited!, Wisconsin

After some contemplation, I needed to revisit the work of Mike Winkelmann, AKA, Beeple. He is a graphic designer from Appleton, Wisconsin, USA. His short films have screened at onedotzero, Prix Ars Electronica, the Sydney Biennale, Ann Arbor Film Festival and many others. He has also released a series of Creative Commons live visuals that have been used by electronic acts such as deadmau5, Taio Cruz, Tiƫsto, Amon Tobin, Wolfgang Gartner, Flying Lotus and many others. He currently releases work on Flying Lotus' Brainfeeder imprint. Here is his vimeo page (223 videos to check out). He definitely has a prolific amount of work, as well as many free C4D files to download. For this post, I wanted to focus on some of the clips he creates for VJs, which he is widely known for in the underground electronic EDM music scene. Here are 4 examples of his VJ content which he released as C4D projects within the past few months.











No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am currently a designer / animator for the ABC Design Department specializing in creating motion graphics, 3D and visual effects for ABC / Disney. I have successfully branded, designed, and animated campaign packages for various primetime shows for 10+ years. My work can be viewed on television, print, and the web. View more work on vimeo. I founded Afrobeat Down, Los Angeles premier Afrobeat Ensemble in 2002. I write, conduct, sing, play guitar and percussion for the group. Afrobeat Down on FACEBOOK. I create electronic music / DJ under the Moniker, "Sir Pele" on SOUNDCLOUD.